Friday, May 10, 2013

Signs

I've always believed that there is a higher power working and that we are given signs to help guide us in our choices in life.

It was a Thursday morning and I made a quick visit to HR at work to inquire about a transfer. I had been wanting to move to a big city and there were a few cities in mind: Atlanta, Seattle, Houston and Chicago. We have labs everywhere but Atlanta. I didn't want to raise any eyebrows so I spoke in confidence about Chicago. There weren't any job openings at the time.

Then an e-mail came from the Chicago lab that afternoon with an opening.

The next day, I put my application in with a bit of anxiety. Then I got this at lunch...

"You will move to a wonderful new home within the year."


Within a few days I had interviewed and was offered the job.


I had a few doubts when I got up here that maybe I had misunderstood the signs when the city flooded and Beau and I were stuck without a place to live in a city that we had never been to and starting work in 3 days.

I also had doubts with the apartment complex. It was the first that I had visited and after about 9 others I kept coming back to it. I loved the lake and felt that the area would be a good fit.

Last weekend, I was sitting out by the lake watching the ducks and was looking up something on my phone (probably a Mexican restaurant which I STILL haven't found!) and saw this....


I'm the blue dot and across the lake is Fitzgerald Rd. For the non-family readers... part of my immediate family lived in Fitzgerald, GA for many years. I took it as my sign that I made the right decision.

My spot...looking at Fitzgerald Rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment