Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Oberweis Dairy

There are a few things that are totally Chicago. Stuffed pizza, italian beef and Oberweis Dairy. My co-workers were going on and on one day about how they love Oberweis' ice cream and milk. They have a store about 10 minutes from my apartment so I decided to venture out and try it. I usually get organic milk because it may take me a month to go through a carton. I was hoping that since they bottle the milk in glass it may last as long as well. It didn't need to...it was gone within 2 weeks.



A pint of ice cream was a bit pricey so I opted for an ice cream sandwich. It would be an awesome spot for a date or after church with kids because they make real sundaes and other ice cream treats! You could definitely tell it was homemade ice cream.



 

It was actually really good! A little sweeter and it stayed super fresh in the glass bottle. I felt like I stepped back into the 50's. They have a home delivery service for milk. I was surprised that anyone did that anymore. Only in Chicago!!

No comments:

Post a Comment